Housing Choice Voucher Program Section 8
You must have a Housing Choice Voucher issued to you by a Housing Authority. If you don’t have a voucher, learn how you could qualify, visit the HUD website Here.
Have a Housing Choice Voucher? Apply for a Home. You will need these required items to apply:
- Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher administered by a local Public Housing Authority (PHA).
- The bedroom size of the home selected must be the same as your voucher size.
- Request For Tenancy Approval (RFTA)
- Housing Authority Caseworker Contact information
- To ensure you are set up for success, the home selected is subject to “rent reasonableness determination” by the Housing Authority and must meet the affordability parameters set by the Housing Authority.
- All attachments must be in PDF format
If your application is approved:
- The Request for Tenancy Approval will be sent to the Housing Authority to review and approve for Affordability and Rent Reasonableness.
- The home must pass a Housing Quality Standards Inspection completed by the Housing Authority prior to move in.