Welcome to Progress Residential Pet Policy Updates
At Progress Residential®, we value the importance of pets as cherished members of your family, so our pet policies are designed with safety and comfort for all residents and their furry friends. Please take a moment to review our pet policies below.
We want to maintain a safe and enjoyable living environment for everyone. Therefore, the following pets are strictly prohibited: Livestock (including Potbellied pigs) and Poisonous, dangerous, or exotic animals (such as snakes and spiders).
For the safety of our residents and their pets, the following breeds are subject to restrictions:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Bull Terrier
- Any mix containing the above breeds
Maximum Three Pets per Household: To ensure the well-being of all residents and their pets, we are implementing a maximum limit of three uncaged pets per home. Please note:
- This policy applies to dogs and cats only, excluding caged pets or Emotional Support Animals (ESAs).
- It is applicable to new leases only and does not affect current residents' ability to renew their lease without adding additional dogs or cats.
Effective April 1st, 2024, we will be introducing Pet Rent Payments for all NEW leases. Our aim is to simplify the payment process for residents and provide transparent cost breakdowns. Please see below for the pet rent rates based on the number of pets in the home (up to a maximum of three):
- 1 pet: $72/month
- 2 pets: $144/month
- 3 pets: $199/month
Current Residents and Renewals
We understand the importance of continuity and stability for our current residents. Therefore, if your lease start date is prior to April 1st, 2024, you will not be impacted by the updated pet policies. Here's what you need to know:
- Monthly Pet Rent Increase: For current residents with existing pets, the monthly pet rent will be $45 per pet
- Adding Additional Pets: If you are a current resident and have not reached the three-pet maximum, you have the option to add an additional pet to your household. To do so, a nonrefundable charge of $325 per pet will apply (maximum of three pets).
- Residents Exceeding the Three-Pet Limit: If you currently have more than three pets, you will not be able to add any additional pets in line with our new policies.
We value your continued residency and strive to make this transition as smooth as possible for you and your furry companions. If you have any questions or need further clarification regarding these updates, please feel free to reach out to our team.
Thank you for being a valued member of the Progress Residential® community!e.
Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals
We welcome verified Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals into our homes without any restrictions or additional charges. If you’re applying for a home with us, you will have an opportunity provide the information during your application process. If you're already a resident and need to register your Service Dog or Emotional Support Animal, please complete the form below. If you're registering a Service Dog, you will be asked to confirm that the dog is required because of a disability, and to identify the work or task the Service Dog is trained to perform. If you're registering an animal that provides emotional support, please provide appropriate supporting documentation that includes an opinion that: 1) the requester has a physical or mental impairment; and 2) that the animal is necessary because it provides therapeutic emotional support to alleviate a symptom or effect of the disability of the requester, and not merely as a pet. Additional information on Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals is available here.
Add or Remove a Pet
Please use the form below to add any pets to your lease. We want to keep your pets and our team members safe. Should we need to perform any maintenance on the home, completing the form below will make sure that our technicians and service providers are aware that pets are present so they can watch for them and take appropriate precautions.