Touring a Progress Residential® Home
At Progress, we make things easy. Our move-in ready homes are available to tour on your schedule, any day of the week during operating hours (varies per city). This page will walk you through our process, so you know exactly how to tour our homes.
Please be aware, rental fraud and rental scams happen every day. Scammers are becoming more sophisticated and can fool even savvy renters. Progress Residential will never ask you to wire money, pay with cash, make a check payable to anyone other than Progress Residential®, or leave a key anywhere other than in our self-touring lockboxes. Never share your access code with anyone. Please read our Beware Rental Scams page for more information and to help protect yourself against rental fraud.
Find the Homes You Want to Tour
Start by finding your perfect rental home here. Once you’ve found a home that you want to tour, follow the process below.
Create an Account
- Click the “Self Tour” button on the right side of the page of the home you would like to tour.
- You’ll be re-directed to that home’s page on Rently, our smart-home access provider. There you’ll be asked to create an account. If you already have a Rently account, you’ll need to login.
- Once you’ve created an account, Rently will send a text to the phone number you entered. The rest of the self-showing process will now take place on your mobile phone.
- Click the link in the text message you received and log into your account. The first time you log into your account, you’ll need to take a photo of the front and back of your photo ID and take a selfie to show that it’s really you. You will not be able to tour a home without completing those steps.
- Next, you’ll need to enter a credit or debit card to select and pay the fee for self-touring options.
And that’s it! Your account should be active, and you should be able to tour our homes.
With your active account, you’ll just have to let us know when you plan to visit the home. Homes are available for touring seven days a week during operating hours (varies per city). Once you schedule a time, you’ll receive a text to confirm your scheduled appointment and to give you the link you’ll use to check-in when you arrive at the home.
Directions to the home
You'll receive a message with a link. If you need help navigating to the home, simply click the “Directions” button.
At the front door
Once you arrive at the home, open the link you were texted, select that you are at the home, and locate the smart lock or the lockbox on the front door.
After answering a couple of quick questions, it’s time to unlock the door.
To open the smart lock:
- Enter the serial number that is on the lock into the field on the app
- You’ll receive an access code.
- Use the buttons on the smart lock to enter the access code. Some locks have buttons with two numbers listed on each button. For these locks you'll only need to press the button once to register the second number. For example, to enter "2", press the "1 | 2" button once.
The smart lock will unlock for 30 seconds. Please note: If you experience issues accessing the home, please visit this site, which will walk you through solutions to common challenges.
To open the lock box:
- Enter the serial number that is on the top of the lockbox into the field on the app
- You’ll receive an access code.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the access code.
Grab the key from the lockbox and head inside. Please note: If you experience issues accessing the self touring lockbox, please visit this site, which will walk you through solutions to common challenges.
Touring the home
Please, take your time looking around the home. We’ve included a number of signs to help point out the features of the home and the benefits of renting with Progress Residential.
After Your Tour
When you’ve finished touring the home, exit through the front door and close it securely.
If the home has a smart lock, press the "lock" button. Then, re-open the same webpage on your mobile phone and click the “All Locked Up” button.
If the home has a lockbox, return the key to the lockbox and re-open the same webpage on your mobile phone and click the “key returned” button.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll receive a quick survey to let us know about your home tour experience and what you thought of the house.
If that’s the house for you, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible before someone else rents it. If the home didn’t meet your needs, please keep looking, we have plenty of other homes that may work better for you.
Before you apply, be sure to read about our qualification criteria, the documents you’ll need to complete the application, and more here: BEFORE YOU APPLY
Happy house hunting!