Home Care & Maintenance Requests
Non-Emergency Maintenance Issue
Here’s a quick list of what each of us should be prepared to handle:
Our part: Everything else
Your part: Changing water filters in the fridge as needed and keeping everything clean
Our part: Everything else
Progress has teamed up with Appliance Warehouse to provide our residents with special pricing for washer and dryer rentals. Renting can be a great alternative to the high cost of purchasing washers and dryers. For more information on this program, please click here.
Our part: Fences, your garage door, roofing, second floor gutters, and the home’s structure
Our part: Repairs to the clock, electronics, pumps and underground pipes
Lawn & Landscaping
Our part: Everything underground & above 8' high
Other Home Interior
Our part: Water and drainage line breaks, plumbing leaks, plumbing hardware, and water heater issues
Our part: Large rodents, bee hives/wasp nests, birds, or termites that have taken up residence in the home or attic, and common indoor pests that are present in the home within 30 days of your move-in.
Pool (if applicable)
Our part: Weekly maintenance, such as chemical balancing, general cleaning, and equipment upkeep
Our part: Repairing or replacing malfunctioning units
Emergency Maintenance Issues
Here are the maintenance issues considered to be maintenance emergencies:
Flood, Storm, or Damage from Trees
Damage to your home making it uninhabitable.
Doors do not lock to secure the home.
Electrical Power Outage (not due to utility provider)
No power to your home exclusively.
Garage Door Damage
Causing blocked vehicle in your garage.
Natural Gas Leak
Please exit the home and call the fire department immediately if you smell gas.
Lack of Heat or Air Conditioning
The temperature in the home is below 55 degrees or above 85 degrees due to the HVAC not functioning.
Pool Fence or Pool Gate Damage
Not functioning properly to keep the pool area secure.
Potentially causing slips, trips, or falls.
Your safety is our top priority. Please make sure that you and your loved ones are safe and secure in an emergency situation and contact local authorities and first responders when necessary before contacting us.
MAINTENANCE SERVICE FEES
We’re happy to take care of any maintenance requests, however, if the maintenance is for something that falls under your responsibility, a minimum service fee of $105 will apply. If you have any questions about these maintenance responsibilities, service issues, or what constitutes a maintenance emergency, please contact us at 833.PRG.RESS (833.774.7377) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SERVICE WHILE YOU'RE AWAY
Did you know that we can resolve most maintenance requests without you having to wait at the home? By giving us Permission to Enter, our trusted technicians can access the home through a key left in the lockbox. This is a safe and secure way for Progress Residential to service your home without taking time out of your busy day.
Please note: minors may not be left unsupervised in the home and pets must be secured while our technicians perform their job in the home.
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES TO KEEP ON HAND
Having these supplies handy will help make maintaining your home quick and simple.
- AC Air Filters
- Wall cleaner
- Wall hooks
- 1 Gallon of interior paint (may be supplied by Progress Residential®)
- Interior cleaning supplies
- Batteries for smoke detectors
- Light bulbs
- Water filters where applicable
- Garbage disposal wrench
- Weed control spray
- Lawn Feed & Fertilizer
- Pest Control Spray
- Heavy Duty trash bags
- Cat litter for soaking up oil/fluid spills in the garage and driveway
- Oil stain cleaner/remover
- Wire brush for scrubbing oil/fluid stains
- Krud Kutter (or similar product)
- Zip Strip
RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Maintaining your home is a lot easier when tasks don’t pile up. We recommend following this general schedule to stay ahead of most maintenance items:
- Vacuum and clean floors
- Clean surfaces including countertops, appliances, bathrooms, tub and toilets
- Mow, edge and weed the lawn
- Remove debris like leaves or sticks
- Water lawn daily
- Check irrigation system for leaks
- If applicable, skim pool, empty skimmer basket, check pool water level, add water when necessary.
- Change AC air filters
- Deep clean appliances
- Clean sink and tub drains
- Wipe down cabinet doors
- Clean walls in high traffic areas
- Pest control
- Clean windows
- Check smoke detectors
- Trim bushes, shrubs and trees under 8’
- Check and update watering schedule to account for changes in weather
- Clean windows and screens
- Wash exterior walls and fences as needed to remove mold, mildew, and algae
- Clean baseboards
- Clean interior cabinets and drawers
- Prep lawn for seasonal changes such as aerating, fertilizing, and weed control