Make a Payment
Paying your rent should be fast and simple. On this page we'll talk about everything you need to know about payments, from various payment options and when payments are accepted, to how to make your first payment and partial payments.
Make a Payment Now
Pay online, check the status of your payments, and review payment history.
Generally, unless otherwise specified in your lease agreement, rent payments are due by the 1st of each month. If you have any questions about payments and you don't find answers to your questions here, please contact us at 844.475.2326.
Have your rent automatically deducted from your bank account each month without the convenience fee. Simply enter your bank account and routing number and your rent will be paid on time, every time.
We happily accept checks of all kinds. Be sure to leave enough time for the payment to arrive prior to the due date as to not incur a late fee. Please make checks out to “Progress Residential®” and mail your payments to: Progress Residential®, P.O. Box 4300, Scottsdale, AZ 85261.
Pay rent with a quick text message. To setup this feature, log into your Progress Residential® account and select the “Edit Profile” tab. On your profile page, select the “Allow Text (SMS) Notifications” box. You will then receive a confirmation text.
We now accept cash rent payments through WIPS™ (Walk-in Payment System) at participating locations near you. For more information on WIPS and how to register, please click here. Please note, WIPS is not an available payment option for your move-in funds.
We accept credit card and ACH payments. Simply click "Resident Services", login, and follow the instructions from there. Please note: Before paying by credit card, please read the "Paying by Credit Card" section below.
After move-in, payments can be made by phone 24/7 with our secure, automated system. Simply call us at 833.PRG.RESS and select the option to make a payment over the phone. Fees include $2.50 for ACH/Debit/Bank Account payments, and between $1.25 and $125 depending on the transaction amount for credit card payments. Please note, pay-by-phone is not an available payment option for your move-in funds.
Payment Due Dates and Late Fees
Generally, unless otherwise stated in your lease, rent payments made after the 3rd of each month are considered late and will be assessed a $125 late fee. Payments made through our online or phone payment systems are accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Making a Partial Payment
We’re making paying rent as easy and flexible as possible. In addition to online payment options, text-to-pay, automatic withdrawals, checks, money-orders, cashier’s check, pay-by-phone, and cash payments through WIPs, we allow you to make partial payments.
To make a partial payment, please follow these instructions:
- Log into your account.
- Under Payments, select “Make Payments” and go to “Make a One-time Payment”
- Scroll down to the “Enter Payment Details” section.
- Select the payment account that you wish to use.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- The “Extra Payment Amount” box can be left blank, unless you wish to pay an additional amount.
- After you confirm everything is correct, click “Next” and confirm your payment.
- Once your payment is made, you’ll receive an email confirmation.
- Your full rent payment is due by the 1st of each month unless otherwise stated in your lease. If you make a partial payment but don’t pay the full amount within the grace period listed in your lease, you’ll still receive a late penalty.
- Your account must be in good standing before you can make partial payments.
- Partial payments are only accepted until the 8th of the month unless there is a formal agreement in place.
If you are unable to pay your entire rent for the month, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Making Your First Payment
Once you sign the lease agreement and you receive the details of your move-in you’ll have the option to make a payment online.
You will be sent a cost sheet which will detail your move-in charges. You’ll then need to enter in the pro-rated rent and any other fees listed as a “one-time payment” and make your payment from there. Additionally, your security deposit must be paid by ACH transfer or credit card* using the online system.
Before paying by credit card, read the “Paying by Credit Card” section below to help ensure your payment is successfully processed and you avoid missed payments, delayed move-in dates, and late fees.
To make your first payment:
- Log into your account or create your account if you don't have one yet
- Under Payments, select “Make a One-time Payment” on the upper right side of the screen
- Once you’ve selected “Make a One-time Payment”, you’ll be able to edit the amount listed in each payment category. Change the amounts to the costs listed in your "cost sheet"
- Submit your payment
Please Note: Move-in funds must be paid at least seven (7) days prior to your move-in date. Payments made less than seven (7) days prior to your move-in date must be made by certified funds (cashier’s check or money order), which must be overnighted to:
Attn: MI Dept
7500 N. Dobson Rd. Suite 300,
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
With your payment, include your name (name of the lease holder), the property address, your scheduled move-in date, and your phone number. Please take a photo or make a copy for your records.
IMPORTANT: Your move-in date may change depending on when your certified payment is received. Generally, you may be able to move into the home as early as one business day after your funds are received and processed. Funds that arrive on Saturday or Sunday will be processed on Monday, and you would be eligible to move in on Tuesday.
If you have any questions about making your first payments, please give us a call at 844.475.2326.
Paying by Credit Card
Paying by credit card is a convenient and secure way to make a payment. However, you'll want to ensure these payments can be successfully processed to ensure you can access your home on your move-in date.
Common issues with credit card payments:
- The credit card or account’s daily spending limit is exceeded.
- The payment exceeds the card’s balance limit.
- The payment is for an amount that’s higher than typical, and the payment is flagged by the credit card company as potentially fraudulent.
Before you make a payment by credit card:
- Check your daily spending limit to make sure your payment does not exceed it.
- Check your current balance to make sure that the payment will not exceed the card's balance limit.
- Most importantly, contact your credit card company or financial institution in advance and notify them of your planned payment.
Please note: A $35 Convenience Fee will apply to each payment made by credit card.
Payments Declined Due to Insufficient Funds
If the banking institution for your method of payment reports that there are insufficient funds available for your payment, your application will be cancelled.