Touring a Progress Residential® Home
At Progress, we make things easy. Our move-in ready homes are available to tour at any time, on your schedule. This page will walk you through our process, so you know exactly how to tour our homes.
Please be aware, rental fraud and rental scams happen every day. Scammers are becoming more sophisticated and can fool even savvy renters. Progress Residential will never ask you to wire money, use bitcoin, or leave a key anywhere other than in our Self Showing lockboxes. Never share your access code with anyone. Please read our Beware Rental Scams page for more information and to help protect yourself against rental fraud.
Find the Homes You Want to Tour
Create an Account
- Click the “Show Yourself In” button on the right side of the page of the home you would like to tour.
2. You’ll be re-directed to that home’s page on Rently, our smart-home access provider. There you’ll be asked to create account using your mobile phone. If you already have a Rently account, you’ll need to login.
3. Once you’ve created an account, Rently will send a text to the phone number you entered. The rest of the self-showing process will now take place on your mobile phone.
4. Click the link in the text message you received and log into your account. The first time you log into your account, you’ll need to take a photo of the front and back of your driver’s license and take a selfie to show that it’s really you. You will not be able to tour a home without completing those steps.
5. Next, you’ll need to enter a credit or debit card to pay the 99-cent self-showing fee. By paying the 99-cent fee, you’ll be able to view up to 20 Progress homes
Show Yourself In
With your active account, you’ll just have to let us know when you plan to visit the home. Once you schedule a time, you’ll then receive a text to confirm your scheduled appointment and to give you the link you’ll use to check-in when you arrive at the home.
Directions to the home
Before you’re about to drive to the home, simply click on the link in the message to check-in. You can also click the “Directions” button if you need help navigating to the home.
Look for the green Progress “For Rent” sign in the front yard!
At the front door
Once you arrive at the home, press “continue” and you’ll receive another text message with a link. Walk up to the front door, click that link, and locate the lockbox on the door handle.
After answering a couple of quick questions, it’s time to open the lockbox.
To open the lock box:
1. Enter the serial number that is on the top of the lockbox into the field on the app
2. You’ll receive a text with the access code.
3. Press “enter” on the lockbox, then enter the access code, and press “enter” again.
Grab the key from the lockbox and head inside. Please note: If you experience issues accessing the Self Showing lockbox, please visit this site, which will walk you through solutions to common challenges.
Touring the home
Please, take your time looking around the home. We’ve included a number of signs to help point out the features of the home and the benefits of renting with Progress Residential.
After Your Tour
When you’ve finished touring the home, return the key to the lockbox and re-open the same webpage on your mobile phone and click the “key returned” button.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll receive a quick survey to let us know about your home tour experience and what you thought of the house.
If that’s the house for you, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible before someone else rents it. If the home didn’t meet your needs, please keep looking, we have plenty of other homes that may work better for you. Again, you can view up to 20 of our homes before needing to pay another 99-cents.
To learn about our application process, please click here: APPLICATION PROCESS
Before you apply, be sure to read about our qualification criteria, the documents you’ll need to complete the application, and more here: BEFORE YOU APPLY
Happy house hunting!
What is Rently?
Rently is the smart-home access provider we use to allow you to tour our homes at your convenience. When opting for a self-showing, you’ll be prompted to create an account with Rently to verify your identity. After paying the $0.99 convenience fee, you’ll have 30 days to view up to 20 homes.
Some homes are listed as “Coming Soon”, what does that mean?
Certain homes on our website are identified as “Coming Soon”. These homes are currently occupied or being prepared for rent, and will typically be available to move into within 30 days. You may apply online for “Coming Soon” homes. Once the home is ready, a member of our Leasing team will notify you. You will have 24 hours from the time of our notification to visit the home and decide if you would like to rent the home. If you wish to move forward, your Application Coordinator will contact you to schedule your move-in and generate your lease. If you view the home within 24 hours and decide the home’s not for you, you can cancel, and your holding fee will be refunded. If we don’t hear from you within 24 hours, your application will be cancelled, and your holding fee will not be refunded. Click here for more on Coming Soon Homes.
Please Note: If the Coming Soon home is occupied, the current resident has the right to cancel their plans to leave the home and extend their lease. While that’s usually not an issue, if it happens, you will not be able to move into the home as originally planned. We’ll work with you to find another home that meets your needs or refund your Holding Fee if we’re unable to find another home for you.
How do I know if I’m being scammed?
Unfortunately, rental scams happen all the time. Scammers are becoming more sophisticated each day and can fool even savvy renters. Please be cautious if you see:
- Abnormally low rent – if a deal seems too good to be true, it is
- Listings on free listing sites like Craigslist – Progress Residential® only lists homes on rentprogress.com
- Request for cash payment, wire transfers, or checks made payable to anyone other than Progress Residential®
- Promises of no background or credit checks
- Sloppy, unprofessional, or overly-simple applications
If you’re ever concerned you’re being scammed, please contact us and we’ll be happy to verify that you’re working with members of our team. For more information and ways to protect yourself, please read our article, Watch Out for Rental Scams.
Do you have homes in Homeowners Associations (HOAs)?
Yes. Many of our homes across the country are in master-planned communities that are governed by HOAs. HOAs typically provide residents with benefits and amenities in exchange for residents following rules and restrictions that help maintain quality standards throughout the community. These rules and restrictions are laid out in detail in the HOA’s Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs), which you’ll receive when you move in.
Some HOA’s have their own resident and lease approval process, which will occur in addition to our review and approval process. In these cases, our approval of your Lease Application will be subject to the HOA's approval. This may take up to 30 additional days to process, depending on the HOA, so please plan accordingly and contact us for more information. You may be asked to provide any additional information, as required by the HOA in its approval process.